The big weekend is finally here...move in weekend! Yay! We have been working on this house constantly for the past few weeks(fyi- when I saw "we" it's more Joel than I...but hey, I helped too!)
Here are some things we have done before the move:
- Scraped all ceilings
- Removed all pre-existing door casings and moldings
- Textured the walls and ceilings
- Undercoated the inside of the house
- Demo-ed the kitchen and extended the soffits to make kitchen bigger
- Cut a opening in wall of the living room/dining room
- Tore down enclosed patio
- Can lights in kitchen, dining room and living room
- New windows
- New interior doors
- New door casings,crown molding & baseboards
- New hardwood floor
- New carpet
- Wainscoting in 1 room
- New closet doors
- Paint
- New stair railing
- new light fixtures
- New bathroom cabinet/sink and medicine cabinet
- Power washed the front of the house (which still needs some help lol)
- Kitchen (cabinets installed on Monday..woo!)
- Flooring in kitchen and dining room (Wed or Thurs)
- Granite (coming to measure on Thurs..installed a few days later)
- Install appliances
Yesterday we were planning on only taking a few things over...and moving most of the stuff today. Well, once the ball hit the ground, we had almost everything moved. Today we need to move a few big things and a handful of little things, then we will be set! It already feels so "homey." It was kind of sad packing up our little rental house. We lived there for almost 3 years, but I know we will make tons of memories in this new house!
I plan on posting before/during/after pics on here soon. Here is a sneak peak of our TV cabinet that we re-vamped!
After: A little white paint, new knobs, and in our living room waiting for the TV!
Check back soon for more updates!!
In less than a week I'll be on spring break for a week, with a new kitchen, ready to organize and clean!
Check back soon for more updates!!


1 comment:
wow, you've done so much already! has to be super exciting. :) can't wait to see more pictures. that's entertainment center is super cute; awesome find!!
Post a Comment